Browsers directed to store every information from our browsing activity to obtain the highest efficiency and optimization and also, faster page load time. Though unfortunately, this could generate problems over time for the browser producing loads of information. Therefore, it’s always a healthy habit to keep clearing out the cache data, browser history, and website cookies on a consistent basis. This will allow you to avoid browser errors as well as it will protect your online security. Down below we have a list of browsers’ settings for how to erase cookies.
Steps for Google Chrome
- Open Google chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu icon of three dots in the upper right corner and below the cross button of the chrome window.
- Click “Setting” from the menu options that have appeared after clicking the menu icon.
- Now a setting window will appear. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced”.
- Click “Site settings” under the “Privacy and security” section.
- Site settings will appear, click “Cookies and site data” under permissions.
- Click “See all cookies and site data” to see all the cookies from all the websites.
- A list of cookies will appear, click the “Remove All” button at the top-right corner to delete all the cookies.
Steps for Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Click the menu icon from the top-right corner of the Firefox window.
- Click “Options” from the list of menu options that have appeared.
- Options window will appear, click “Privacy & Security” from the setting content list on the left-hand side of the page.
- Scroll down to “Cookies and site data” and click on the “Clear Data…” button.
- A “Clear Data” window will appear with two checkboxes for “Cookies and Site Data” as well as “Cached Web Content”.
- Click “Clear” to clear all cookies and cached data.
Steps for Opera
- Open your Opera browser.
- Click on the menu button with the opera symbol in the top-left corner of the window.
- Click “Setting” from the list of options.
- Now a setting window will appear. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” button or click “Advanced” from the list of content given on the left-hand side of the page.
- Scroll down further to “Privacy and security” or click it from the page content list on the left-hand side under “Advanced”.
- Under “Privacy and security” go to Clear browsing data and click it.
- A Clear browsing data window will appear with the “Basic” tab open, select or check the box for “Cookies and other site data” and uncheck rest that you do not want to erase. Check the boxes according to your preference.
- Click “Clear data” to delete.
Steps for Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Scroll down menu options to the last option and click “Settings”
- In Settings, under Clear browsing data click “Choose what to clear” button.
- Check or select the boxes you need to clear such as “Cookies and saved website data” to erase data.
- Click “Clear” to delete.
Steps for Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer Browser.
- Click settings icon from the top-right corner of the window.
- Click “Internet options” from the list of options.
- A small window of internet options will appear, click the “General” tab.
- Click “Delete”
- Select or check the boxes for data you want to erase.
- Click “Delete” again to continue.
- Click “Apply and then “OK” to save changes.
Steps for Safari
- Click “Safari” from the top bar.
- Click “Preferences” from the list of options that have appeared.
- Now a window will appear. Click the “Privacy” tab from the top of the window.
- Click “Remove All Website Data”
- Click “Remove Now” to confirm.
- Close the window.
Hopefully, the article may have assisted you to resolve your technical problem successfully. We provide articles for all sorts of technical issues under the categories of issues, brands, and devices which consolidates all sorts of technical problems related to computer hardware, software, and peripherals from various brands. Assolve.com also provides call and chat support if our articles are not adequate to resolve any type of technical issue that you are fronting.