A browser extension is a small software module that is used for customizing a web-browser. Basically, extensions facilitate users to adjust browser functionality and behavior to the individual’s requirements and preferences. Extensions are changing the experience of using browsers by adding additional features and functions to the browser and some extensions can also stop or block unwanted pop-up ads, ads and other features of a website behavior that the user wants to opt-out from.
Let’s learn how we can add extensions or Add-ons on our browser.
Steps for Google Chrome
- Open your chrome browser
- Go to search bar and type “Chrome Web Store” click the website link.
- Chrome Web Store will open, select “Extensions” which is beneath the search bar or search the particular extension that you are looking for.
- Now the extensions will appear on your screen with the “Add to Chrome” button for each. Click on the extension for its details. Read what data it can access before selecting or click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
- If you like it and it suits your requirement click “Add to Chrome”
- Now the extension will appear next to your search bar.
Steps for Microsoft Edge
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click the menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Click “Extensions” from the menu options.
- Now all your installed or added extensions will appear. Click on the link “Get extensions from the store” given at the last.
- Search the Microsoft Store for the extension you need and click “Get” to install it on your device.
- Wait for downloading to get complete and now switch back to Microsoft Edge.
- The new extension notification will appear on the extension column, read the notification about what your extension can do, and then click on “Turn it on”.
- Now the extension will appear next to the search bar.
Steps for Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer Browser.
- Click the gear icon at the top-right corner of the window to go to the menu.
- Click “Manage add-ons” from the menu options.
- A Manage Add-ons window will appear. At the bottom of the window click the given link “Find more toolbars and extensions…”
- Open the link in your Internet Explorer tab search for the required Add-ons and click the “Add” button of the extension.
- A small dialogue box will appear asking your confirmation to add the extension. Click “Add” to confirm.
- Now it will appear in the “Manage add-ons” window, select the add-on type to see the extension.
Steps for Opera
- Open your Opera browser.
- Click on the menu button with the opera symbol in the top-left corner of the window.
- Click “Extensions” from the list of menu options.
- More options will appear, click “Get extensions” from the options.
- Now opera extensions link will open in a window. Search the website for the extension you need and click on it when you get it.
- Read all the information about the extension and its functions and if you like it, click the “Add to Opera” button wait till it shows “Installed”, a message will appear as soon as it will get installed or maybe not but you can see installed extensions next to the search bar on your browser.
Steps for Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Click the menu icon from the top-right corner of the Firefox window.
- Click “Add-ons” from the menu options that have appeared.
- “Add-ons Manager” page will open with all the added or enabled extensions and below that, you will see recommended extensions if not, click “Recommendations” from the right-hand side menu.
- Scroll down to all the recommended extensions to the bottom and click the “Find more add-ons” button.
- A new window will open with extensions for your Firefox browser. Search and select the extension you want to add.
- Read about actions and details of the extension and if you like it, click the “Add to Firefox” button.
- A small notification will appear to have your confirmation on adding the extension. Click “Add” to continue.
- Another notification will appear on your screen in a small dialogue box. Read and click “Okay, Got It”.
- Now the extension will appear next to the search bar.
Steps for Safari
- Go to the menu bar and click “Go”
- Click “Applications” from the list of options.
- Now a window will open with the applications. Click “Safari”
- When your safari browser will open, go to the menu bar again and click “Safari”.
- Then click “Preferences” from the options.
- Open the “Extensions” tab.
- From the bottom, click “Get extensions”.
- Apple extensions website will open with the Safari extensions gallery. Scroll down or search for the extension that you want.
- Click on the extension to read details about it and then click “Install”. You can directly click the “Install” button without opening the extension for details. Wait till it gets installed
- Minimize the Safari window with the extension gallery and go back to the “Extensions” tab on your screen.
- Now the recently installed extension will appear on the extensions tab. close the window and enjoy browsing experience with your new extension.
Hoping that the article has assisted you, to successfully to add an extension for better browsing experience. Assolve.com gives solutions for every kind of technical difficulties related to browsers, operating systems, social networks, software, security, and internet and hardware issues with the computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart Television, printer, router, scanner, ac adaptor, etc. from various brands. For more support use our call or chat support if our articles are not adequate to resolve your technical problem.