Amazon Prime is a great site for those who shop from amazon on a regular basis and enjoy watching new shows and movies as and when they arrive.
But an Amazon Prime membership allows you to opt out whenever you no longer wants it and on the basis of the time you have used the service , you can get your full or partial payment back ( as the case would be ).
Here are the steps you have to follow in order to cancel your Amazon Prime membership or account:
- Log into your account on Amazon.com and navigate to the top right corner of the page.
- Go to the option “Accounts & Lists” and then click on the “ Your Prime Membership” option from the menu.
- On the left hand side of “ Your Prime Membership” page you will see your account information , your preferred payment card , the date your account is good through and an option to end your membership.
- Click on the option “ End Membership and Benefits ” option appearing on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down and click on the option “ I Do Not Want My Benefits “.
- Amazon will follow up twice to make sure that you want to cancel your account membership.
- Click on “ Continue To Cancel “ and “ Cancel Membership “ options that will appear on the subsequent screen in order to cancel your account.
In case you have not used any benefits of amazon prime you will get the full refund and in case if you have used some benefits you will get partial payment back.
Once you have cancelled you account you will not be able to use the benefits again until you take the 30 days free trial or start your account membership again.