Are you using Snapchat? Well! My siblings also using it and even they are used to it. But one day my brother asked me “how to change Snapchat username because he couldn’t do so. So I thought how many of you (Snapchat users) also faced this problem and want to change their username due to any reason. So that’s why we come up with this new article to teach you about how to change your Snapchat username.
Snapchat Username is always set when your first create your Snapchat Account. Snapchat doesn’t allow the users to change the username on Snapchat for security reasons and you can’t transfer account data between usernames. So basically it’s not possible. But don’t worry; we have some magic tips for you: besides changing your username you can change your display name. Your display name is how you appear on Snapchat-it’s different from your username! Once you set your username it will show on your profile or to your friends on Snapchat. You can customize Display Name whenever you like! Let’s see how?
- Open Snapchat and choose your profile icon and go to your profile.
- Select the gear icon in the upper-right corner to go to your settings.
- The first two account settings you see are Name followed by Username and choose the name.
- Go to the Name text Box; add the name you want to keep on Snapchat and delete the old one.
- Hit the Save button once you’ve made the changes.
As long as you have saved in the name field, it will appear in your friend’s chat and stories in place of your username.
Create a New Snapchat Account
If you still want to change the username so you can create the New Snapchat Account and set the username as you want. If you choose this option, you have to manually add your friends to your new account.
Warning: If you create a new Snapchat account so you may lose data from your old account.
- Select Chat in the upper-right corner
- Scroll to all to view your friends
- You can write down the name of your friends or take a screenshot.
- Search for your first friend on your list.
- Write down the username that appears under their Display Name. Repeat to find all of your friend’s usernames.
- Exit search and Select your profile/Bitmoji icon and select the gear icon to find settings.
- Choose the Log Out option and confirm that you want to log out.
- Select the Sign Up button to create new account with a new username.
- Once you’ve done the set up process for a new account, selecting the magnifying glass icon to search for friends. Choose to Add them.