Xbox controller offers great utilities for the one who loved play to play games. Xbox controller is Bluetooth connectivity. This allows for the use of an Xbox One controller to play games whether on PC or iOS or Android devices. You can connect your Xbox controller to an iPhone with iOS 13. Some major points you need to bear in mind always.
- If you want to connect an Xbox controller to your iPhone, you’ll need to have upgraded your phone to iOS 13.
- If you’ve upgraded to iOS 13, you can connect the Xbox One controller to your iPhone like any other Bluetooth device.
- Apple’s iOS 13 update, several iOS devices including iPhone, now allow users to use the Xbox One controller to play certain games such as “Fortnite”.
- Not all Xbox one controller will work with your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV. There is a need to update your device to connect with the Xbox controller.
- Specifically, you need a model 1708, aka the one that came with the Xbox one S. Newer Xbox One and One X controllers as well as the new Elite Series 2 controller should also work.
- Make sure about the model so that you can connect your device with the Xbox controller easily. To check which model you have, open the battery compartment on your controller and pull out the batteries. On the label inside you can see the model number listed right below Redmond, Washington.
In this article, we are going to teach you “how to connect Xbox controller to iPhone” within some easy steps. Reckon for about that this article for upgraded iOS 13 devices or those who have already upgraded their iPhone to iOS 13 because after that only that can connect the Xbox controller. We’ll try to cover other models as well in our coming articles.
Note: The instructions in this guide apply to iOS 13, iPadOS 13, tvOS 13, and macOS Catalina or higher.
For now, let’s Start
How to Connect an Xbox One Controller to an iPhone
Xbox controller in two options like; Xbox controller come with Bluetooth or non-Bluetooth capability as well. A Bluetooth-capable Xbox One controller has plastic around the Xbox button that matches with the color of the controller’s color and you can see the upper side of the controller. On the other side, Non-Bluetooth controllers have plastic that matches the bumpers (See Images). Make sure that you have a controller with Bluetooth capability:
Note: Only the Xbox Controller with Bluetooth can connect to your iOS device.
Note: Before starts, make sure you have Bluetooth enabled on your iPhone and the latest version of iOS installed.
Now, if you are operating Xbox One controller with Bluetooth Support so follow the below steps:
- Hold down the Xbox One logo, located on the top center of the controller, until its backlight starts flashing. If you’re using a controller already paired with an Xbox One console, hold down a small button located in between the Xbox One bumper buttons.
- Open the “Settings” app of your iPhone and Tap “Bluetooth”
- List will appear and you should see a device named “Xbox One Wireless Controller”.
- Tap on the controller name from the list, and it will ask you if you want to pair the device.
- Tap its name to pair it to your iOS device and it’s connected!
- If you want to disconnect your controller, go to the Bluetooth menu again, tap the small “i” icon next to the device’s name, and then click Disconnect.
- Open the iOS video game and tab controller, or a phrasing similar to this, from its in-app settings.
How to Connect Xbox Controller with a USB Adapter
If you have an older one controller and want to use it then you need to get the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. It’s a USB dongle designed to connect directly to your Xbox One gamepad without any Bluetooth setup or pairing. What you need to do is plus in the dongle and pair it to your controller just as if you were pairing your Xbox One, pressing the pairing button on each device.
How to Connect an Xbox One Controller to PC
Thankfully, connecting an Xbox One controller to a PC is easy. Yes, it’s possible that Window supports Xbox One controller with little fuss. With plug-and-play support, you can easily connect your Xbox One controller to your PC and enjoy your game.
- Before beginning, we want to tell you that there are three ways to connect your Xbox One controller to a PC.
- Make sure your controller is updated with the latest Firmware.
How to Connect an Xbox One Controller to PC Using USB
You can use a micro USB cable to connect your Xbox One controller to your PC. If you have a wireless controller, you can use your charging cable. If you have wired one, you can just plug it in like you would with your console.
- Buy the ($25) Xbox Wireless Adapter.
- Connect your Xbox Adapter to an open USB port on your PC. Complete the Setup Process.
- Tap the Guide Button (Xbox logo) on your controller to turn it on.
- Tap the sync button on the top of the controller until the Xbox logo begins flashing (it’s the small button just right of LB)
- Tap the small sync button on the adapter. When the Xbox logo on the controller stops flashing and turns solid. It’s done!
Window 10-There are eight controllers connected at once. With chat headsets connect, that number decreases to four, and with stereo headsets, it drops to two.
Window 7/8-You can connect only four controllers at once. No headset support.
How to Connect an Xbox One Controller to PC using Bluetooth
Make sure as we also mentioned that check your Xbox One Bluetooth support. To check it read the iPhone section carefully and check your Xbox One controller.
- Go to Settings on your PC and click Devices.
- Open the Bluetooth settings option to make sure your Bluetooth is turned on.
- Press the guide button and then the sync button on your controller. Then the logo needs to start blinking rapidly.
- On PC, select Add Bluetooth or other device, and click Bluetooth. It will start search for your device.
- Once it shows up, choose Xbox wireless Controller to finish the pairing process.