We always hear to do copy and paste press ctrl +c for copy and ctrl +v, is this work all the time. This is the simplest method to do copy and paste but this can be a bit different on device and functions. As we know that, some shortcuts- such as copy and paste are seemingly universal across platforms. That holds true with Chromebooks, which offer identical copy and paste functions found in Windows and macOS. Let us tell you about “how to copy and paste on Chromebook” and ways to go about the traditional Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V methods.
- Copy and Paste Text Using Touchpad
- Copy and Paste Text Using Mouse
- Copy and Paste Images or Video Using Touchpad
- Copy and Paste Images or Video Using Mouse
- Copying a Full Web Page on Chromebook
- Use Copy and Paste Extension
Copy and Paste on Chromebook is so easy just follow the easy steps.
Copy a Text
Copy and Paste on Chromebook Using Touchpad:
- Go on the Chromebook touchpad, press down with one finger, and use another finger to draw an invisible box around the text you want to copy, after that releases both fingers.
- Press Ctrl + C to copy keys simultaneously and tap with both fingers on a touchpad. Alternatively, you can press the Alt key while tapping a touchpad or tap with both fingers on a touchpad.
- Now click in the area where you want to paste the copied paste and press the Ctrl + V keys.
Note: The text will remain in the clipboard until you type Ctrl + C again, you can easily paste the current text multiple times.
Copy and Paste on Chromebook Using Mouse:
- On a mouse, press down on the button; create a box around the text and release.
- Right-click on the mouse and click copy on a pop-menu
- Once you copied text, reach the place on Chromebook where you want to paste the copied text and select paste on a pop-menu when you right-click using a mouse.
Note: Chrome does not copy text formatting, however, so adjust the style as needed.
Copy Images and Video
Copy Images and Video Using Touchpad
If you want to copy and paste the video then URL is the one you can share with others. As long as the original source allows you to copy, this is a simple process.
1. On Chrome using a Touchpad, press the Alt key while tapping the touchpad with one finder or use two fingers to tap the touchpad.
Let’s make it simpler for you:
- If you copying an image- Select copy image or copy image address on the pop-up menu. You can copy the URL most for the any use, but generally, copying the image is itself what you want.
- If you copying a video- Select copy video URL, copy Embed code, or copy video URL at the current time on the pop-menu. For pasting the video in a chat stream or other casual use, you need only the video URL.
2. Once you copy the content you want, click in the area you want to paste the copied text and press Ctrl + V keys simultaneously. Alternatively, press the ALT key while tapping a touchpad, tap with both fingers on a touchpad.
Copy Images and Video Using Mouse
- On the mouse, fly your mouse over the picture or video you want to copy and right-click.
- You can select Paste on a pop-up menu when you right-click on the mouse.
Copying a Full Web Page on Chromebook
If you want copy a complete web page, follow this method. It will copy everything that’s on a particular web page but not necessarily with the layout intact.
- Click anywhere on the webpage (except images) and press Ctrl + A key simultaneously. This task will highlights (select) everything on the page.
- Without clicking again, press Ctrl + C key simultaneously to copy everything that is highlighted on the page.
- Then same as theory click in the area where you want to paste the copied content and press Ctrl + V key simultaneously. Alternatively, press the Alt key while tapping a touchpad, or tap with both fingers on a touchpad, or on a mouse, you can select paste option on a pop-up menu when you right-click on mouse.
Use Copy and Paste Extension
You can access a galore of extensions on Chrome to make your work easier-including-copy and paste extension. They can overcome copy and paste obstacles that the other native tools can’t always handle. Below you can see some of for Example-
MultiCopy Clipboard: MultiCopy Clipboard is an extension for those who need to copy many different sections simultaneously and manage them all at once. This tool creates extra space with Chrome so you can store as many copies at once. The copies on Chrome can be backed up to help avoid losses.
Copy Paste Pro: Some website block copy and paste functions whether for design choice or for security reasons. This extensions work in enabling copy, paste, select text, and right-clicking for these websites.
Copy as Plain Text: This tool is excellent for individuals and businesses alike that need to rapidly eliminate formatting during copy and paste process. This extension makes it so easier when filling out web forms and communicating with individuals that can only receive plain text emails.
How to Copy and Paste on Mac
Want to know how to copy and paste on Mac? This guide tell you how you can easily copy and paste the content you want if you’ve migrated from Windows, just got yourself a Mac.
This articles explains to you how to copy and paste on any Mac or MacBook;
- Copy and Paste Using your Keyboard
- Copy and Paste Using your Mouse
- Copy and Paste Using your Trackpad
- Copy and Paste Using your Menus
Choose the section you need:
How to copy and paste using keyboard on a Mac
The easiest way to copy and paste on Mac is to use Keyboard shortcuts. Let’s see how to do so:
- Select the content you want to copy and paste on Mac. If you want to choose a part of the text-hold left-click while dragging your cursor over the text to highlight the area you need.
- Click once on the File to highlight the content you want to copy
- Press Command (⌘) + C keys on the keyboard simultaneously.
- Fly your cursor on the place where you want the copies content to reside, and press the Command (⌘) + V simultaneously.
- These simple commands will work on universally whether you use a MacBook or an iMac
- If you want to copy the entire text in a Mac folder, just press the Command (⌘) + A simultaneously and rest process will be the same as above.
How to copy and paste using mouse on Mac
You can also copy and paste on Mac using your mouse. It might feel more comfortable as you’ll be able to do the whole thing with only one hand.
- Select the content (images, picture, text or other files on Mac) you want to copy on Mac by left-clicking it once or holding the left-click while moving your cursor over the content you select.
- Press right-click on the selected item or items to open a drop-down menu. If you want to select multiple items such as files so press right-clicks and hold the control key and then click the mouse button.
- Hit the copy option on the contextual menu.
- Click where you want the copied content to reside
- Right click again and select Paste item.
How to copy and paste using a trackpad
If you don’t have a Macbook Air or MacBook Pro and don’t have a Magic Mouse or regular one, you can still copy and paste with the help of trackpad.
- Select the content you want to copy
- Click on the touchpad with two fingers to do right-click action of the mouse
- From the drop-down menu, click the Copy option
- Go to the place where you want to paste the content and click on the touchpad with two fingers once again.
- Click the Paste
How to Copy and Paste on a Mac with menus
macOS allows you to copy and paste using the edit functions in the menu bar of Finder. Edit function in the menu bar of all apps that support copying and pasting.
- Select the content you want to copy. If you want to select the part of the text, click and drag your cursor to mark what you’d like to copy. To choose a file press left and click on it once.
- Click Edit on the menu bar at the top and click Copy from the drop-down.
- Move where you want to paste the copied item
- Click again on the menu bar and click Paste.
These various ways help to ease your copy and paste issue arising while using mac first time or any other reason. Let us how we did?