Video recording is not enough to show someone because it included a lot of empty parts such as you start to hit that recorded button a little too early and get 34 seconds of fluff before the good stuff. To prevent this you can crop your video rapidly within a few steps. This article will explain to you how to crop videos whether you use Android one, iOS device and on Windows and PC as well. Be ready with your video to crop because you will get to know the best and easy way to crop your videos.
Is Cut or Crop identical?
When you Crop videos, it allows you to remove the unnecessary or distracting portion of any video clip or you can change the video’s dimension to fit within a certain area. But the Cut is to incise, or you can cut into the surface of something. We can say the crop is vast and the cut is tiny.
How to Crop Videos on Android Device
In actual you cannot crop videos with the phone in-built apps. If you want to crop any clip or video so you must use any third-party app to do so. There is a lot of apps available online which can help you to crop your video and bring out the only good stuff from that.
Let’s not waste time and go ahead,
Crop&Trim Video: If you want to crop your video in android one so this app will be a good option to use. This app not only helps you to crop videos but it has also featured trimming or merge two or more videos simultaneously. This is also a simple-to-use app and you can just drag and scale part of the video that you want to crop.
Follow the steps to know how to crop a video.
- Download the app and open the app on the phone.
- Select the video you want to crop
- Select Crop
- A rectangle shape will appear around the video. Adjust the rectangle to crop the unwanted and distracting part of the video.
- Once you’re done cropping, click on the checkmark at the top right corner o save the cropped video.
Note: This app also allows you to crop videos to an aspect ratio of 1:1, 9:16, etc.
Clideo: The other best app to crop videos on an android phone is Clideo. To get started, head over to Clideo’s Android crop video tool from your browser on your phone.
Upload a File
Choose the file button and hit that to upload the recording you’d like to crop the size of.
Note: You can upload video directly from cloud storage. Click the down-arrow on the right-hand side of the button and you can the option to add a recording or video from your Dropbox or Google Drive account.
If you don’t have a video or you have the video link, you can see the URL box option at the bottom.
Wait for video updating and once your clip has been uploaded you’ll be taken to the editing tool page.
Once you’re in the editor, you’ll be able to select the desired area and crop the video.
Select the required crop size within the image frame by using the blue markers. At the top, there also some preset ration depending on where you are planning to publish your work. You can select one of these 1:1. 16:9, 9:16, or 5:4.
• 1:1-This cropping ratio to a square for Instagram feed post.
• 16:9- Best for Youtube
• 9:16- Best for Instagram Stories
• 5:4-Best for Facebook post
Alternatively, on the bottom right you can play around with the size by pixel number.
Select an output format for your file. For android devices, MP4 is recommended.
If you have done, hit the crop button on the bottom right.
Note: The online video cropper supports the most popular formats, including AVI, MPG, MP4, and more. It will also allow you to crop a recording up to 500 MB for free.
Save and Download
Cropped and converted files will be shown on the phone, now you can preview it before saving to your Android device or direct download it.
Want to edit some again? Simply click on the Back to Edit button to be taken back without having to start all over again.
Note: This tool may leave the watermark for free video cropping. If you do not want any watermark so you have to take premium.
How to Crop Vides on iPhone
If you love to shoot video that means you also need to edit a lot, which requires learning how to do specific editing tasks, such as cropping. This article runs you through several ways for cropping your videos on your iPhone easily.
Keep remembering always you cannot ‘pre-crop videos as you’re filming them. However, once they’ve filed you can crop them with the Photos app. Make sure you are using iOS 13 or later.
- Open the Photos App and choose the clip you want to crop.
- Click Edit in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Crop-Rotate icon at the bottom of the Edit screen. Once you are in editor, touch and hold one of the video’s corners. Then start dragging the border inward, to the desired point. Repeat with any other corner until you’ve finished cropping.
- Click Done and your video save the crop video. However, if you want to crop video again or made any mistake and want to restore the original video, go to Edit and tap again then tap revert in the bottom right corner of the edit screen.
How to Crop Video using Video Crop
You can use this third party app called Video Crop – Crop and Resize Video, which is available on the App Store.
Once you’ve downloaded it via the App Store, open the App and follow the below-mentioned steps to create your masterpiece:
- Open the app and click OK when asked. Choose the video you want to crop.
- Click on the White checkmark in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click and hold one of the four corners of the selected picture, before dragging it according to how you’d like to crop it. Follow the same process with other corners, if desired.
- You can select the preset ratio below the video play screen to crop size within the image frame.
- Once you’ve done cropping the video, take a preview of your masterpiece. If you satisfied with your cropping video click the Download option appearing in the top right corner of the display. Click Save to save the cropped video to your photos. You can also share this video on the social app by clicking on More.
- Saving the cropped video will not overwrite the original
- Video crop app can also be used with iPad, iPod touch as well.
How to Crop a Video on Mac
Want to crop video recording on Mac? Don’t worry we have various ways to edit or crop your videos. iMovie, Filmora, Quicktime, and more. Surely we cannot cover all the ways but this article will help you know the best ways to end your destination here.
Video editor iMovie allows cropping videos on Mac intuitively and rapidly. You can easily crop a video in any size for social media sharing; remove unwanted parts and more to draw the audience’s attention.
Looking for How to Crop Video on Window ?
You can find it in “Finder” > “File” > “Application”. If not, download and upgrade iMovie in the App Store manually.
Open iMovie on Mac, click the +icon in projects to create a new project, or open an existed one. Then load a video from a camera or a folder on your Mac after clicking the import icon.
Crop the Desired Part in Clip
Right-click on the start endpoints of the clip, then hit the Cut option to trim out the image that you want to crop.
Click the crop icon on the upper side of the preview window. Select Crop to Fill and drag the crop window to crop the image.
iMovie offers 3 cropping style which is a bit varied. Let’s see how?
- Ken Burns– It is an effect of panning and zooming. In this you need to crop out a start and an end frame, then it will zoom in or out between these two areas.
- Fit– It does not crop the clip but actually, it makes the clip fill the full width and height of the video.
You can use any effects as per your choice and go further.
Export and Save Cropped Clip
Once you’ve cropped your video, hit the output icon in the right upper corner. And choose a file to save it to your Mac
Crop your video best for free on Mojave and seek your audience’s attention towards your clip. This video cropper for Mac allows you to change the dimension of a video file in various formats like MP4, FLV, AVI, VOB, 3GP, MOV, F4V, and more.
Follow these simple steps and create your own clip
Download the Mojave from the App Store.
Run this program and go to File>Add Files to choose the video clip you want to crop. Alternatively, you can use the media browser to drag the file from your iTunes library, or iMovie or directly drag and drop the target files to the program.
Click the Crop button in the toolbar and the editing window will pop up. Stretch and move the rectangle in the preview window to define the desired frame area. Preview of your clip if you are satisfied with it then click Done, if not, click Reset to back to editing.
You can automatically crop the video by selecting “16:9”, “1:1”, “9:16” or “4:3” option.
Hit the Save Button and Store Your Cropped Video
Before saving your clip, taka a preview can save you extra time and effort. Hit the Export button to save it. You can export your video in different formats such as MOV, M4V, MP4, M2TS, MTS, TP, DAT, WMV, etc.
Prepare it for transfer to a mobile device in the Devices tab. In the dialog window, choose the desired format or mobile device and click Create.
How to Crop Video on Window
Filmora Video Editor is a great way to create perfect video editing and make sure that the video is perfectly cropped as per the demand of the user. This program includes various editing effects to your video such as cropping, trimming, splitting, merging, green screen, split screen, PIP, etc.
Lanuch Filmora Video Editor
Install and launch Filmora program to access the main interface. Then, open a new project to start the cropping.
Select the File
You can select the file from 3 different ways:
- Hit “Import Media Files Here”
- Hit “Import” button
- Drag-n-drop the video clip
When the file if loaded, you need to drag and drop it to the timeline for editing
Right click on the video in the timeline and select “Crop and Zoom”. It will lead to a new window.
You can also use the ratio to set in the frame i.e. 16:9 or 4:3. The frame can be selected manually and freely. Once the work has been done, press OK.
Save Video and Share with Your Friends, Family and More.
Take a preview of your work and if you are satisfied then click Export. In the output window, select the format of the video you want to have and also select the destination where you want to store your cropped video. Press the export button or save the video.