Deleting or uninstalling unwanted applications from your device is an easy task and can be done by following certain simple steps. In this article we will learn how to delete applications from iPhone/iPad , android phones , mac , and windows 10 PC.
How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
To Delete an app:
- Touch and hold the app.
- Tap Remove App.
- Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm.
How to delete apps on your Mac
Deleting an app removes it from your Mac hard drive and makes the storage space it was using available for other items. You can delete apps from Launchpad or the Finder.
Use Launchpad to delete an app
Launchpad offers a convenient way to delete apps that were downloaded from the App Store.
- To open Launchpad, click it in the Dock or open it from your Applications folder.
- If you don’t see the app in Launchpad, type its name in the search field at the top of the screen. Or swipe right or left with two fingers on your trackpad to show the next or previous page.
- Press and hold the Option (⌥) key, or click and hold any app until the apps jiggle.
- Click next to the app that you want to delete, then click Delete to confirm. The app is deleted immediately. Apps that don’t show either didn’t come from the App Store or are required by your Mac. To delete an app that didn’t come from the App Store, use the Finder instead.
Deleting an app doesn’t cancel any subscription you may have purchased with that app.
Use the Finder to delete an app
- Locate the app in the Finder. Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window.
- You can use Spotlight to find the app.
- Then press and hold the Command (⌘) key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you’re asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is probably the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
How to delete apps on Android
Delete apps that you installed in three ways:
Delete apps in Settings
- Open Settings on your device.
- Tap on Apps or Application manager.
- Tap on the app you want to remove. You may need to scroll to find the right one.
- Tap Uninstall.
Delete apps on google playstore
- Open the Play Store app on your device.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Tap on My apps & games.
- Navigate to the Installed section.
- Tap the app you want to remove. You may need to scroll to find the right one.
- Tap Uninstall.
Delete apps in the App Drawer
- Tap and hold on an app located in the app drawer or on the home screen.
- Drag it to the Uninstall section that appears on the screen.
- Tap on OK when the pop-up window appears.
How to delete Apps from Windows 10 PC
There are three ways delete or uninstall apps in Windows 10:
From the Start menu
- Go to Start > All apps and find the app or program you want to uninstall.
- Right-click on the app or program and click Uninstall from the drop-down menu that appears.
- If you’re uninstalling a Windows 10 app, you’ll see a pop-up window telling you the app and its related info will be uninstalled. Hit Uninstall to complete the uninstallation.
- If you’re uninstalling a desktop program, the Programs and Features window will open.
- Find the app you want to uninstall on the list of programs, select it, and click Uninstall.
- A pop-up window asking if you’re sure you want to uninstall this program will appear – click Yes.
From the Settings menu
If you can’t find the app or program you want to uninstall in the Start menu, you can also uninstall apps and programs via the Settings menu.
- Open the Settings menu (Start > Settings) and go to System.
- Then click Apps & features. Here, you’ll see a list of the apps and programs on your PC, sorted by size.
- You can use the search box at the top of the screen to search for apps, and you can resort the list by name or by install date.
- Find the app or program you want to uninstall, click it, and then click Uninstall.
- You will see a pop-up window informing you that the app and its related info will be uninstalled.
- Hit Uninstall to complete the process.
From the Control Panel
- Right-click the Start button and click Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Find the program you want to uninstall, click it to select it, and then click Uninstall.
- You’ll see a pop-up window asking if you’re sure you want to uninstall this program, click Yes.
How to delete Apps from Amazon fire TV Stick
- Go to Settings on your Fire TV device.
- Select Applications.
- Select Manage Installed Applications.
- 4. Select the app you want to uninstall, and then Uninstall.