Your Mac is filling up with unnecessary data and it gets slower by the day? Don’t worry you can clear the data easily on mac; don’t know how to do so. Still no issue we’ll help you to know “How to Delete Apps on Mac” so that you can delete not-so-important documents soon and get ready for the smooth running of your mac.
Actually like other PC, Windows or Laptop you cannot delete or uninstall the apps or programs from the Mac, we can say the process is a bit the same but not whole. Let’s see how you can make a good space for your Mac smooth running and for the new programs. On Mac, you can delete apps from Launchpad or the Finder.
Delete App Using Launchpad
Launchpad offers the best way to delete apps that were downloaded from the App Store. So let’s start with the Launchpad:
- Open the Launchpad by clicking in the Dock or open you can open it from your Application folder. You can even pinch closed with your thumb and three fingers on your trackpad.
- If you don’t find the app in Launchpad, you can search the app on the search bar at the top of the screen. You can use two fingers on the trackpad to see the next or previous page.
- Press and hold the Option/Alt key
- Click next to the app that you want to delete, and then click on Delete to confirm.
- Now, the app is deleted.
Note: Deleting the app doesn’t cancel any subscription you may have paid when you purchased that app. To delete a subscription continue with us.
How to Cancel Subscription on Mac
- Open the App Store
- Click on the Sign-in button
- Tap View Information. You might be asked to sign in.
- When the page opens, scrolls until you see a subscription and then click manage.
- Click on Edit to the subscription that you want.
- Click Cancel Subscription. Your subscription will be canceled at the moment.
Note: If you don’t see the cancel subscription option, then the subscription is already canceled and won’t renew.
How to Use Finder to Delete App on Mac
- Find the app in the Finder. You can find your most apps in the Applications folder and you can open it by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window.
- Once you find the app, drag the app to the trash, or select the app and choose file>move to trash.
- You may ask to log in or enter your username and password. This is probably the user name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder>Empty Trash
How to Delete App on Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Want to know about how to delete a third-party app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch? Then read our complete article and learn.
- Open your device
- Touch and hold the app
- Tap Remove app
- Tap Delete the app, and then tap Delete to confirm.
- With iOS 14, there are few other new ways to find and manage your apps on the iPhone. Instead of deleting an app, you can hide pages on your Home Screen, and fly some certain apps so that they show only in your app library.
- Deleting an app doesn’t delete any in-app subscriptions that you might have subscribed to. It may show popup notifications while deleting an app.