Webcam does enable us to interact with people face to face through video calls even when they do not live in our city, state or country. Usually, every social network platform such as Facebook, Instagram, etc. has a feature that allows users to post or live stream pictures and videos. Though it also raises some privacy security concerns among people because many of these applications have access to your webcam. Today we are going to give you brief instructions about how to disable webcam.
(Method 1) Steps to Enable and Disable Webcam
- Click the windows icon in the down-right corner of your screen.
- Now the list of apps and tiles will appear, click the gear icon to open settings, which is just above the power icon in the down-right corner of your screen.
- Click “Privacy” from the setting window that appeared.
- Privacy window will appear, click “Camera” from the left side of the window.
- Camera details will appear on the right side of the window. Just under the heading “Camera”, you will see a slide button with its status next to it, if the button is blue with “On” written next to it.
- Clicking the slide button, it will make the slide button go “Off” turning its color to grey stating that the webcam is disabled.
(Method 2) Steps to Disable Webcam
- Right-click on the windows icon in the down-left corner of the screen.
- Click Device Manager from the list of options.
- The device manager window will open with a list of devices of your computer.
- Click the plus sign or the arrow before “Imaging devices” or “Integrated Webcam” with the webcam icon from the list of devices. It will expand to show you the camera device connected to your computer.
- Right-click on the camera device connected to your computer that appeared after expanding the imaging devices.
- After right-click, a list of options will appear with the “Disable” option if your webcam status is enabled.
- Click “Disable” to disable the webcam from the right-click options.
- (Note) If your webcam is already disabled then right-click options will show the “enable” button. Clicking enable button will enable your webcam.
Hopefully, the article has assisted you successfully to resolve your issue. Assolve.com offers support on various technical difficulties related to browsers, operating systems, social networks, software, security, and internet and hardware issues with the computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart Television, printer, router, scanner, ac adaptor, etc. If in case our articles are inadequate to resolve your technical problem or if you do not find an article on any specific write us to have it. Assolve.com also provides 24×7 available call and chat support to its customers.