It’s good to know your IP address, but how? Don’t worry we have the brilliant answer to this question and you will surely get to know that “how to find your IP address”. Be with us and learn how to check the IP address on various devices. Yes, a different device has a different IP address, and the process to access it is also a bit different.
When you want to set up a network, solving a connectivity issue, then finding the IP address is your first step. This article tells you how to find your IP address.
- How to Find Your IP Address on Windows
- How to Find Your IP Address on a Mac
- How to Find the IP Address of Your iPhone
- How to Find the IP Address of Your Android Phone
- HMA’s IP checker
- How to Check Someone’s IP Address
How to Find IP Address on Window
You can easily find the IP address (the one on your local network, usually assigned by your router). It is a few click process, but those clicks may vary on which windows version you’re using.
IP Address on Window 10
- Go to Setting by searching in the search bar appear below in the left corner
- Click on Network & Internet
- Choose either Wi-Fi or Ethernet in the left-hand menu, depending on your network-connected wirelessly or via an Ethernet cable.
- Click Network in the Center Column, Your IP address appear in the next window, in the entry IPv4 Address.
IP Address on Window 8/8.1
- Go to Network Connect>Select “Open Network and Sharing System”>.
- Double Click on Wireless Network Connection or Double Click on Local Area Connection if you use a wired connection.
- Tap Details and IP address will appear.
Note: The process of finding IP addresses on window 7 is as same as in window 8.
IP Address on Window XP
Go to the Windows Start menu and right-click My Network Places and click on Properties and you can see a Network Connections screen. Now double click on Wireless Network Connection or Local Area Connection for wired connections. Click the Support tab and click “Details.” You can see your IP address here.
How to Find IP Address on Mac
- Go to System Preference.
- Go to View Menu and Select Network
- Click on the network connection, depends on your connection system such as if you are using wireless then select Wi-Fi or if you are using Wired Cable then choose Ethernet.
- If it is Ethernet Connection, the local IP address is shown.
- For a Wi-Fi connection, click the “Advanced” button and then the “TCP/IP” button along the top of the window. You can see the IP address.
HMA’s IP checker
Internet and Google have become the answer to every question and that’s why whenever we have any question we try to find it on Google and every question has various answers and methods to do so: like there are several ways to check the IP address on the internet but we bring this best tool for you to find the IP address called HMA’s IP checker.
These tools help you to know your IP address, your location, your ISP.
Google Search is also the best tool to know IP addresses. You just need to do is go the Google and type in the search bar “ What is My IP Address” and it will show the relative answer.
Note: All these IP tools tell you the Public address- the one internet uses to find your network- not the local IP address behind your router.
How to Find the IP Address of Your iPhone
This is so simple to know the IP address on your iPhone. Read the below instruction to know, how to find the IP address on iPhone.
- Go to Setting from your Springboard.
- Click on Wi-Fi from the settings
- Press to select your network. Then next to your network name press the blue circle.
- You can see the IP address now.
How to Find IP Address of Your Android Phone
Finding the IP address is almost the same on all versions of android devices.
- Go to the Setting menu and tap on About Phone
- Click on Status
- You can see the IP address information with other information.
Note: About Phone option is the major step. About Phone option may appear on other android versions in a different section, so find the “About Phone” option, and under this, you can find your IP address.
How to Find Someone’s IP Address
Yes, to some extent you can find someone’s IP address. But you cannot do it on your own; you have to do some activity that includes the person’s activity whose IP address you want to know. Let’s do this:
Examine E-mail Address
You can check someone’s IP address through incoming email. E-mail is one of the quick methods to do so. An email carried more than only the message. It comes along with headers that bring along key information that can also of from where e the email is received.
- Go to Gmail and open the email that you want to check the header for
- Next to reply click the down arrow and then click “Show Original”.
- A new window will open in front of you which will show the sender’s IP address and other information as well.
This is a very simple and easy way to find someone’s IP address and you can do it anywhere anytime. The only thing you need to do is open the command prompt in the window and on the DOS screen, type “ping” <space> and then “address of website” and press enter. For instance: If you want to know the IP address for the website www.example.com” so type “ping www.example.com” and press enter.
Find IP Address through Disguised Tracking Link
- Upload your file to a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive. Make sure that do not use your main account. You can use another mail account or a second “throwaway” account so that no personal information will be shared with the person with whom you are trying to interact.
- Create a shareable link from Dropbox or Google Drive. Copy the link.
- Open Google and go to the IP logger website and paste the URL into the image Shortener field. Click the “Get IPlogger code” button below it.
- You will get the “IP logger link for collecting statistics” and “link for viewing statistics”. Copy the “viewing statistics” link to a safe spot.
- You can use this link to check the person’s IP address and location afterward.
- Send the link to the person and wait for the person to check the link.
- Once the person checked the link, go back to the IP logger, copy the viewing statistics link, and paste it into your browser.
- You will see a list of any IP address that accesses the link, what location they are from.
Note: This trick won’t tell you everything about the person. If the person is using a VPN or similar technology, you won’t see their true location.