Usually, when you need to upgrade, modify or replace your motherboard you may need to know some details about it like its manufacturer, version, etc. I thought this is only possible by opening your computer. Well, I just leant today that I can do it without getting into my computer’s hardware, so today’s article is about knowing the motherboard information of your computer without unscrewing it. Check out these easy steps given below.
Use Command Prompt on Windows
- Go to your windows search bar at the bottom of your desktop screen and type “Command Prompt”.
- Command Prompt will appear in the search results just above the search bar. Right-click on Command Prompt from the results.
- Click “Run as administrator” from the list of options appeared.
- Enter your password, if prompted.
- Type this into the Command Prompt: “wmic baseboard get product, manufacturer, version, serialnumber”
- Click “Enter’ from the keyboard
- Now all the information about the manufacturer, product, serial number, and version will appear on your screen.
- If you need more information, you can use the information you have received and enter that information with the word “motherboard” into the browser search engine.
I hope the article has assisted you to resolve your query. You can write to us if you need help with any particular technical issues. Assolve.com addresses all categories of technical difficulties related to browsers, operating systems, social networks, software, security, and internet and hardware issues with the computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart Television, printer, router, scanner, ac adaptor, etc. Call us on our 24×7 available helpline to get instant resolution of your technical problem.