Usually, when you need to upgrade, modify or replace your motherboard you may need to know some details about it like its manufacturer, version, etc. Thinking that this is only possible by opening your computer. Well, you can know about the motherboard of your computer without unscrewing it. If you will look down you will see steps to obtain your motherboard information for Windows and Mac.
Use Command Prompt on Windows
- Go to your windows search bar at the bottom of your desktop screen and type “Command Prompt”.
- Command Prompt will appear in the search results just above the search bar. Right-click on Command Prompt from the results.
- Click “Run as administrator” from the list of options appeared.
- Enter your password, if prompted.
- Type this into the Command Prompt: “wmic baseboard get product, manufacturer, version, serialnumber”
- Click “Enter’ from the keyboard
- Now all the information about the manufacturer, product, serial number, and version will appear on your screen.
- If you need more information, you can use the information you have received and enter that information with the word “motherboard” into the browser search engine.
Identify Mac’s Motherboard Information
- Click the Apple-shaped logo in the top-left corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click the “About This Mac” button from the appeared drop-down list of options.
- A window will appear with the overview tab on giving you all the details like processor, memory, startup disk and serial number. Copy or note down the serial number.
- Now open the browser and paste or type the serial number with term “motherboard” in the search bar
- Click “Return” from the keyboard to begin the search. It will show you all the motherboard models.
I hope the article has assisted you to resolve your query. You can write to us if you need help with any particular technical issues. Assolve.com addresses all categories of technical difficulties related to browsers, operating systems, social networks, software, security, and internet and hardware issues with the computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart Television, printer, router, scanner, ac adaptor, etc. Call us on our 24×7 available helpline to get instant resolution of your technical problem.