Are you a Player? You must know about Minecraft Mods! Installing Minecraft Mods opens your game to a world of endless possibilities. But don’t know “how to install Minecraft mods”? or If even don’t know what is Minecraft Forge? No issue, this article tells you how to use Minecraft Mods and so you can run the best Minecraft Mods in no time.
Before we go ahead with modding your game, there are a few things you’ll need to do first. Mods are a ton of fun, but they do exert your computer more than just the base game would, and needs a little bit of know-how to safely work. Follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Make sure the computer can handle mods
- Double-check your PC’s Storage
- You should OK with downloading external programs on your computer.
How to Install Minecraft Mods on Window or Mac
There are a few different ways to get mods running with Minecraft, but the easiest way method requires an application called forge. Let’s see how it works:
- Head on over to the Minecraft Forge Website and download the version of Forge that’s compatible with your chosen mods. You can also install the latest version of Forge, but it could have some bugs that can be not resolved easily.
- Download the mods you want from a reliable source. CurseForge is the best location with hundreds of great mods to choose from. Bear in mind that all mods are not compatible with all versions of Minecraft, or even with Forge.
- You can select the Minecraft mod folder in the Minecraft as you normally would. Once you hit the main title screen, the one where you create a place, there should be an option marked ‘mods’. Click on it.
- Look for the Open mods folder. You can access this through Window Explorer.
- Move the downloaded mods into the mod folder.
- Now, run Minecraft, but make sure your Forge account is active. If not, your mods won’t load properly.
- It’s Done!
How to Install Minecraft mods on Console and Window 10 App
- Run Minecraft on your console and select Marketplace on the main menu.
- Choose a Skin Pack, World, Texture Pack, or Mash-up Pack.
- Use Minecoins or credit card to purchase the add-on
How to Install Minecraft mods on iOS and Android
The handheld version of Minecraft doesn’t allow true mods. But still, there is a way to get add-ons with the help of third-party apps called mode for Minecraft PE, BlcokLauncher, and Add-ons for Minecraft.
- Download and install the BlockLauncher from the Google Play Store.
- Follow the instruction listed on BlockLauncher to set up this software.
- Install Mode for Minecraft PE from the Google Play Store. This tool downloads and installs mods.
- Find or browse through the number of mods until you find the one you want.
- Tap on the install button and now it should apply to your game.
On iOS Device
- Install Add-one for Minecraft from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select and install add-ons.
Note: iOS method can be also used for Android devices.
Modding your game is easier today than it ever was in the past. Come out from the so cold gaming experience and peruse all the cool new content available for Minecraft. We are sure you will find it exciting and interesting.