Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, and Firefox.
A browser extension is a small software module that is used for customizing a web-browser. Basically, extensions facilitate users to adjust browser functionality and behavior to the individual’s requirements and preferences. But these supportive software units can be problematic sometimes and generate problems for a browser such as slow performance and crash, or they can also pose a security threat. That’s why now some web browsers hold a permission system for the extensions, as many extensions need access to websites and webpages so they can work properly which can be dangerous if infected.
If you are suspicious about your browser extension that they are creating problems for your browser. You can remove those extensions and add-ons that you are suspicious about for causing performance, compatibility, or security problems. Even it is a good idea to remove those extensions from your PC which you are not using any longer.
Let’s look at the steps for how we can remove browser extensions.
Steps for Google Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click the Chrome menu icon of three dots in the top-right corner and beneath the cross button of the chrome window.
- Go to the “More tools” option from the menu options.
- Another list of options will appear, click “Extensions” from the appeared options.
- Now a window will open with all the extensions your browser has installed. Each extension has a remove button, click the “remove button of the extension you wish to remove.
- A confirming message will appear. Click “Remove” to confirm and it will disappear from the extension window.
Steps for Microsoft Edge
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click the menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Click “Extensions” from the menu options.
- A list of extensions will appear. Click on an extension you wish to see details for.
- The details will appear with the “Uninstall” button at the bottom. Click the “Uninstall” button to remove the selected extension.
- The message will appear, click “OK” to confirm.
Steps for Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer Browser.
- Click the gear icon at the top-right corner of the window to go to the menu.
- Click “Manage add-ons” from the menu options.
- A Manage Add-ons window will appear. Under the “Add-on Types” section click the dropdown given beneath “Show” and select “All add-ons”
- A list of all the add-ons on your browser will appear on the right side of the “Add-on Types” section with their status (Enable/Disable). Select the extension you wish to remove or disable from there.
- You can see the details of the selected add-ons below with the “disable” button at the right side in the bottom. Click “Disable” to disable the add-on. If the add-on is not in-built “Remove” button will also be there. Click “Remove” if you wish to remove the add-on.
- Click “Close” to close the window after disabling or removing the add-on.
Steps for Opera
- Open your Opera browser.
- Click on the menu button with the opera symbol in the top-left corner of the window.
- Click “Extensions” from the list of menu options.
- More options will appear, click “Extensions” from those as well.
- “Extensions” window will open with a list of all the added extensions on your browser. Each will have an enable or disable button below them according to their status. Click “Disable” on the extension you want to stop using.
- But to remove, click the “Details” button of the preferred extension.
- The extension details page will appear, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Remove extension”
- A confirming message will appear, click “Remove” to confirm your command and the extension will be removed.
Steps for Safari
- Click “Safari” from the top bar.
- Click “Preferences” from the list of options that have appeared.
- Now a window will appear. Click the “Extensions” tab from the top of the window.
- A window will appear with a list of extensions on the left-hand side column with details of the extension on the right-hand side column with the “Uninstall” button. Click the “Uninstall” button to remove the extension.
- Click “Uninstall” to confirm.
- Select each extension one by one and repeat the process until all extensions are uninstalled.
- Close the window or click the “Advanced” tab to continue for complete safari reset and follow the steps given below to remove Caches.
Steps for Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Click the menu icon from the top-right corner of the Firefox window.
- Click “Add-ons” from the menu options that have appeared.
- “Manage Your Extensions” page will appear with all the added extensions. Click the preferred extension’s menu icon of three dots.
- Click “Disable” from the options but it will only stop your browser using the extension.
- Click “Remove” from the options if you want the extension to be gone from your browser.
Hopefully, this article has served you to successfully remove the troublesome or unrequired extension. Assolve.com resolves all categories of technical difficulties related to browsers, operating systems, social networks, software, security, and internet and hardware issues with the computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart Television, printer, router, scanner, ac adaptor, etc. from various brands. Assolve.com also provides call and chat support if our articles are not adequate to resolve any type of technical issue that our customers are facing.