avg is an antivirus, cyber-threat security software used to:
- Have a protection for your internet use ( avg internet security ), prevention from being hacked, spying through webcam, access on your valuable documents and files.
- It is also used in smartphones to shield against the viruses and malwares attack, doubtful apps, privacy threats and many more.
- It helps to boost your device performance by clearing the boatware and adwares helping in making good some space in your devices.
- Helps in worldwide access with any public wi-fi of your choice. As it provides us with untrackable and unbreakable secure vpn.
- Helps your small to medium businesses with a complete security for the efficient and effective working.
It is compatible with the windows 10, windows 7, windows 8.
It has different versions. know their features and differences stated below to understand it better. There are few easy steps available to know how to uninstall avg, and how to install avg and active it.
Versions available, their features and differences:
It is categorised in three versions avg free and paid versions, they are
- avg antivirus free / avg free – The avg free download full version: It detects the viruses, secures the personal folder, block all the distrustful links, mail attachments, detects the device performance problems. It is good for personal use but not secure for business use.
- avg internet security
- avg ultimate
|Features||Avg antivirus free||Avg internet security||Avg ultimate|
|Virus and malware blocking||yes||yes||yes|
|Protection from ransomware||yes||yes|
|Bypass the unsafe websites||yes||yes|
|Wi-Fi network scanning||yes||yes|
|Provides security against any phishing website.||yes||yes|
Virus and malware blocking: Sometimes viruses and malwares exploit the security flaws in your operating system to run and spread automatically hence avg provides blocking of viruses and malwares.
Protection from ransomware: is a malicious, criminal moneymaking scheme software that flourish a message on your device asking for a fee to be paid for your system to work again. It can be installed through various link in emails, instant messages or websites hence avg helps to protect from ransomware.
Bypass the unsafe websites: It checks on the website you are willing to visit before you actually do it. It also lands up the website in a secure place rather than opening it in your own device.
Wi-Fi network scanning: Helps in worldwide access with any public wi-fi of your choice. As it provides us with an untrackable and unbreakable secure vpn.
Phishing website: security against any fraudulent practicing websites that tries to rob your account password or any other confidential/valuable information by making you believe that you are accessing a legitimate website.
avg tuneup: it boosts up the device performance and storage capacity.
avg vpn: it helps to have a private browsing experience with all protection like unbreakable encryption, untrackable and many more.
how to install avg
To make a successful avg install , follow the steps below.
- Go to avg.com and select the version that you want to download and installation.
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file to initiate the installation process.
- Then follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
- Once prompted, enter your AVG license number which will be sent automatically to your e-mail id once the purchase is over.
- Complete the installation and restart your computer.
How toActivate AVG
In case if you have the avg product installed on your device, then you only need to activate or reactivate your AVG by following the steps below:
- Open AVG on your Desktop.
- By looking into the AVG window, locate options and then click on Options.
- Click on Activate or Reactivate from the option menu. If, in case you fail tofind the “option” then look for “protection” title and clock on it first to open the main avg interface.
- Type the License Number in the New license number field, and click on Activate.
- Now your AVG will now be activated with a new license number. You can verify this by clicking Support in the top menu. Your license number and validity will be shown, along with other product information.
how to uninstall avg
To know how to uninstall avg , follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Start” button and select “Control Panel.”
- Click “Uninstall a Program” under the Programs located in the Control Panel window.
- Select the “AVG” program from the list and click the “Uninstall” button.
- Click the “Uninstall” button in the Repair and Uninstall Options window that appears.