Knowing “how to connect the PS4 controller” is necessary and enjoyable in the time of Game Play. Are you a devoted gamer, whether on PC, Phone, or any other device; then this article can be very efficient for you? It’s best to learn and fun play, as DualShock 4 controller for PlayStation and other PS4 controllers are compatible with most devices.
What is PS4?
You must know about PS4 if you love gaming. The PS4 controller is a fantastic choice for a gamepad when playing your gaming PC, as its layout includes all the buttons that most controller-based PC titles require. Plus, you can use PS4 with android and iPhone as well but yes not every PS4 supports Android versions. You have its trackpad to use as a mouse input when necessary. Simply, it enriches your gaming experience and even more immersive experience.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to PS4 with USB Cable
This is easy and fun learning especially when you love the game play. Let’s start and see how to do so?
- Hit the button on your PS4 console to turn it on.
- Connect the PS4 wire into the port of your other PS4 console.
- Press the PS button of your controller and hold it for around 3 seconds.
- You may see it be connected to the console.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to PS4 Wireless
- Turn on the PS4 console by pressing the power button.
- Connect your micro connector to your ps4 controller. You can find the mini USB port on the back of your controller.
- Plug the other end of your USB cable into the console.
- Hit the PS button and hold it for 3 seconds.
- You can find the PS4 controller has connected to the console. You can now unplug the USB cable and enjoy your games wirelessly now.
What to do when you do not have a USB cable?
Let’s get to know how you can connect your PS4 controller to PS4 without a USB cable.
Go to your PS4 dashboard. Go to Settings>Devices>Bluetooth Devices (you can manage it via media remote). On your PS4 controller, hold down the share button and the PS button for 5 seconds. Now you can find the PS4 controller in the list and click on it. Once you click on it, it may take a few seconds to connect.
How to Connect a PS4 Controller to an iPhone or iPad
Now when it comes to iOS 13, you can use your PS4 controller to play games on your Apple Devices such as iPhone, iPad and etc. It’s good to know if you are going to play the Apple Arcade game, so continue with us and learn how to do it.
- Go to Settings>Bluetooth (on your iPhone or iPad}. Press and hold the PS button and hit the Share button until the light bar starts to flash.
- Now it’s is in pairing and should appear under other device sections in Bluetooth settings.
- Select the controller in setting to pair it.
Once it’s connected, you can play the game that supports MiFi (Mode for iOS) controllers. Although for sure that Playstation’s usual pad features are supported.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to Mac
It’s too easy to connect the PS4 controller to Mac with the help of a few steps. Let’s see how you can do it?
- First of all, press and hold the PS4 button and SHARE button for a few seconds.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon on the Mac and Open Bluetooth Preferences.
- A device will appear labeled “Wireless Controller.” Tap on it.
- Hence, it’s connected to your Mac.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to PC/PC OR Window
Want to use the PS4 controller to PC or Window but don’t know how to do it? Learn about it through this article.
Crazy about gameplay then you should use your PS4 controller because it gives you a better experience for all the PC or window games, as its layout includes all the buttons that most controller-based PC titles require. It will make the PC or Window game a more immersive experience for you.
To connect a PS4 controller to a PC, you’ll need the controller itself, as well as a Windows or Mac and a USB cable. If you are connecting it through a Bluetooth adapter other than the computer’s built-in Bluetooth or Separate make sure that you use Sony PlayStation 4 DualShock USB Wireless Adaptor or any Bluetooth adapter that supports Bluetooth 2 and above should also work as well.
Let’s Start Now!
- Download & Install DS4 Window
- When you are using the PS4 DualShock 4 controller on PC, you have to make an additional piece of software to get it working on your PC or Window. The software is called DS4Windows.
- You can download the DS4Windows from the Github page.
- Once it’s downloaded, find the downloaded zip on the PC or window and Extract it.
- To extract it, right-click on the zip file and then select ‘Extract All” and then it will be extracted next to the zip file with the same name file.
- Open the extracted file; you can see here two files. One is DS4 Update.exe, and the second it DS4Window.exe. Double click on the second file is “DS4Window.exe” to begin the setup process that will get the PS4 Dualshock Controller working on your PC or windows.
If you’re launching DS4Windows for the first time on a PC or window you’ll be asked where you want your setting and profiles to be saved. You can use the default selection of “Appdata”. You can see a new window. Click “Install the DS4 Driver” to enable you to use the PS4 DualShock controller in Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. For Windows 7 or older then you have to click on “Install 360 Driver” as well.
Connect the PS4 Controller to your PC via Bluetooth
It’s quite easy to connect your PS4 controller to your PC via Bluetooth.
- Firstly, make sure that the PC or Window has a Bluetooth receiver built-in or you can use a separate Bluetooth USB Dongle.
- Now, press and hold the PS button and the Share button for around 3 seconds until the light at the top begins to flash.
- Open your Bluetooth settings on your PC or Window.
- You may be asked to enter a pair code-try to enter in 0000. Check now it’s connected.
Connect the PS4 Controller to your PC via USB
To connect the PS4 DualShock controller to your PC via USB cable, plugged the cable into both the DualShock controller and your PC, Windows should detect it, and now you will be ready to play PC games using the PS4 controller.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to Android Phone
If you want to set up a PS4 controller with your android mobile device, you’ll need to make sure the PS4 controller is set to pairing mode. To do this, your PlayStation 4 and PS4 controllers must both be off. Read on to learn how to connect the PS4 controller to Android Phone.
- To set your PS4 controller to pairing mode, press and hold on the PS button and the share button simultaneously. Once done, the light on the back of the controller will start to flash.
- Make sure that your phone Bluetooth turned on. Swipe your finger downward from the top of your screen to pull open the quick selection menu, then tap and hold the Bluetooth icon.
- You should see the Wireless Controller in one of the options in the Available Devices menu. If you can’t see the Wireless Controller as one of the options, tap “Scan” at the top of the screen. Click on Wireless Controller when it appears.
- Click “OK” to finish pairing your PS4 controller with your Android device.
Note: Bear in mind that not all mobile games are compatible with the PS4 controllers.
- Once you’re ready to switch back over to your PS4, you will need to turn Off Bluetooth on your Android device and pair the PS4 controllers with the PS4 system once more.
How to Reset Your PS4 Controller
If your PS4 controllers not working properly or due to any other reason you are resetting your PS4 controller so first make sure about the issue of your PS4 controller. Because if there are some minor issues you can just restart your PS4 controller and doing so can solve many issues in PS4 controllers. Restart PS4 controller is also known as Soft reset. Or if there is some major issue that can be only after resetting so you can hard reset your PS4 controller. Read on and learn how to hard reset your PS4 controller.
- Power down the PS4. Turn over the DualShock 4 controller and find the small hole near the left shoulder button.
- Unfold one end of the paper clip and insert it to push the button buried inside the hole.
- Hold down this button for about 5 seconds.
- Connect the controller to the PS4 using a USB cable.
- Turn on the PS4 and wait for it to boot up.
- Press the PlayStation button on the controller to log into the PS4. The light bar should turn blue now indicating PS4 has paired with the console.
Note: These instructions may not work for a modded PS4 controller.
How to Charge PS4 Controller
Want to charge your PS4 controller but don’t know how? Read on. To charge a PlayStation 4 controller, simply connect it to the PS4 console using the USB cable provided with the system.
As long as the PS4 is switched on (it can be in Rest Mode), the controller will commence charging. There is a micro-USB port on the back of the PS4 controller, which you will use to plug it in. The PS4 charges completely in about 2 hours. You should be sure to let the battery run out, and fully charge your PS4 controllers several times a year, to ensure their battery life doesn’t shorten.
If you want to check the current charge level on your controller, press and hold the controller’s PS button and the controller’s charging progress will appear on your screen.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to iPhone
You can add a PS4 DualShock 4 controller or an Xbox One controller surprisingly easily. Plus, on top of adding them to iPhones and iPads, you can also add them to an iPod Touch or Apple TV.
Here are the steps you need to take to connect your PS4 controller to iPhone:
- Make sure your controller is all charged up.
- On an iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch go to Settings then Bluetooth.
- On an AppleTV go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth.
- Once there, hold the PlayStation button on and share button at the same time on your controller.
- You’ll see DualShock 4 Wireless Controller pop up in your Bluetooth list.
- Simply tap on it to connect.
- Once you’re connected, the PS4 controller will turn pink.
- If you don’t see the controller appear, make sure that you’re out of range of your PS4.